Hi there

I'm wanting to protect otrs behind a SSO apache module (auth_openidc). That
module sets a bunch of environment variables that I can see via a PHP
script - including of course REMOTE_USER. But otrs doesn't seem to see
REMOTE_USER.

I'm using the latest "OTRS Patch level 10" release for CentOS-7. It works
fine in standard mode - but trying to flip it to HTTPBasicAuth just causes
it to trigger "Login failed! Your user name or password was entered
incorrectly".

I then created /opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/test.pl to just print out all env
variables, and I can see REMOTE_ADDR, SCRIPT_NAME - but not REMOTE_USER

I then copied that perl CGI to /var/www/cgi-bin, and running that *does*
show REMOTE_USER. So the config for otrs is different?

I haven't touched CGI before so I'm at a loss to figure out what's gone
wrong. Does the otrs install strip it out or something? The install seems
to use mod_perl (I can see MOD_PERL defined) - but /var/www/cgi-bin does
not use mod_perl (that var isn't showing) - so I suspect that's involved -
but I don't know how...

Any ideas? Thanks

--
Cheers