Spot on. I renamed zzz_otrs.conf to 00zzz_otrs.conf, restarted apache and
the REMOTE_USER variable became available.

Is that a bug? ie doesn't that mean zzz_otrs.conf is overriding settings
made within auth_openidc.conf? I know this is slightly beyond scope,
but zzz_otrs.conf must do something "different", as rt.conf (for rtir) also
comes after auth_openidc.conf (alphabetically) and doesn't have this issue

Thanks for the help!

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 5:49 PM Roy Kaldung <kald...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Aug 24, 2018, at 7:14 AM, Jason Haar <jason_h...@trimble.com> wrote:
> >
> >  have it over the entire site - ie all Locations. The rpm created
> /etc/httpd/conf.d/zzz_otrs.conf - so it's the last conf to be parsed, and
> it contains non Auth references - so it should get what everything else
> gets. Also, I created "/opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/test.pl" and that does not
> show REMOTE_USER, but /var/www/cgi-bin/test.pl does
>
> I would give it at try to let the openidc config load after zzz_otrs.conf
>
> - Roy

Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +1 408 481 8171