that's exactly what I followed. My first impression is that with such a setup,
changes cannot be created/executed in a sane way. I'm a developer myself, so
conditions and actions are not foreign for me, but if I have to define this
huge number of conditions for each change I have to manage, that's a bit of an
overkill (even with using templates). However, it is likely that I didn't
understand the whole change thing in ITSM :-) Isn't it a bit over-complicated?

Sane is variable depending on to whom you’re talking to. Build a telephone
central office someday if you want to encounter totally fascist change
management. They worry about what Velcro straps need to be opened and closed.
8-)

That said, change *IS* complicated if done right and you have to answer for the
results, no excuses allowed. I admit, the *setup* process is a PITA, but once
you have the conditions running, it’s workable. You do have to put in the
thought up front, though.

Look at creating a small-ish number of change categories and fit the changes
you need to make into one of the categories instead of having a different
change template for each possible change. We have a total of 5 categories, and
that works pretty well.