From: otrs-boun...@otrs.org [mailto:otrs-boun...@otrs.org] On Behalf Of Gerald
Young
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2014 8:13 PM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Subject: Re: [otrs] Question about fetching mail

Not to ​push back too hard on this, but creating tickets instantly isn't that
difficult to accomplish.

http://forums.otterhub.org/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=20319 provides a concept for
Windows environments.

In Exchange, create:
a Contact for otrs@otrs.local<mailto:otrs@otrs.local>
a Send Connector for otrs.local that points the smarthost to be the otrs server

and forward support@yourdomain to the otrs@otrs.local<mailto:otrs@otrs.local>
contact (Mail Flow Settings, Delivery).

For OTRS on-premises Exchange, this doesn't require opening up any
Internet-facing firewall ports at all.

While it's beyond this scope to cover all possibilities, email forwarding + MX
record of some sort / smarthost usually isn't outside the realm of workable.

Plus, you know, instant tickets and not having to ask a question like "how many
emails can I fetch at a time?" The answer would be, of course, all of them.