Latest update from Level 3 trouble board

7/30/14 4:03:40 PM GMTField Services continue investigation in conjunction
with railway workers to further isolate the suspected fiber cut.7/30/14
3:41:00 PM GMTField Services report that the fault location is in close
proximity to a railway. As such, Field Services is coordinating with
railway workers to ensure safe access to continue investigation. Splice
crews have been dispatched to the site and are expected to arrive
shortly.7/30/14
2:58:44 PM GMTField Services arrived in Southfield, MI and detected a fault
approximately 52 miles from the site. Field Services is proceeding en route
to the fault location.7/30/14 2:11:36 PM GMTThe Transport NOC detected a
loss of signal in Dexter, MI is impacting unprotected services. A fiber cut
is suspected and Field Services have been engaged for investigation.
Updates will be provided as they are received.

*Luke Rockwell*
Systems Administrator
Information Technology

Cal Alumni Association | UC Berkeley