7/30/14 8:27:19 PM GMTRepair work is ongoing at the site. Updates will be
provided as they are received.7/30/14 7:32:21 PM GMTField Services continue
excavation efforts and have estimated splicing will begin in approximately
one hour.7/30/14 7:10:12 PM GMTRepair efforts are ongoing at the site. No
estimated restoral time is currently available.7/30/14 6:18:25 PM GMTField
Services report excavation efforts are in progress to access the damaged
cable. The splice crew is onsite to continue with repair following
excavation.7/30/14 5:58:09 PM GMTRepair crews continue en route to the site
to proceed with restoration efforts.7/30/14 5:18:26 PM GMTA 108-count fiber
cut has been confirmed to have been caused by construction near the
railway. All necessary repair crews are en route with no ETA available at
this time.7/30/14 4:22:00 PM GMTField Services report that there is
construction in the area that has likely caused the fiber cut. An
excavation crew has been engaged to uncover the suspected damaged portion
of the span. No ETA has been provided for the excavation crew.7/30/14
4:03:40 PM GMTField Services continue investigation in conjunction with
railway workers to further isolate the suspected fiber cut.7/30/14 3:41:00
PM GMTField Services report that the fault location is in close proximity
to a railway. As such, Field Services is coordinating with railway workers
to ensure safe access to continue investigation. Splice crews have been
dispatched to the site and are expected to arrive shortly.7/30/14 2:58:44
PM GMTField Services arrived in Southfield, MI and detected a fault
approximately 52 miles from the site. Field Services is proceeding en route
to the fault location.7/30/14 2:11:36 PM GMTThe Transport NOC detected a
loss of signal in Dexter, MI is impacting unprotected services. A fiber cut
is suspected and Field Services have been engaged for investigation.
Updates will be provided as they are received.

*Luke Rockwell*
Systems Administrator
Information Technology

Cal Alumni Association | UC Berkeley