Hi everyone,For those of us who are not going on the New Year's trip, we've
planned an event that you might be interested in.What: A day of X-Country
skiing and SnowshoeingWhere: Strathcona Wilderness Center (20 minutes out of
Sherwood Park)Who: Outdoor club membersWhen: December 29, meeting at 9:30 am at
Tim Horton's by Earl's on campus. We will return to Edmonton later in the
afternoon ~4 or 5. Cost: There is a small park entry fee of about $4, and
rental skis (if you need them) which are ~$15. You don't pay anything to
us.Signups: Email Rob at [EMAIL PROTECTED] to signup or for more information.
Carpools: We would like to organize these over the email as well. Please
indicate if you are willing to drive, and how much room you have.The Strathcona
Wilderness Center is a great place to try out snowshoeing or skiing if you
never have before, and it will be a fun day for everyone. If you don't have
snowshoes or skis, you can rent them at the park for the day. Sheena, one of
our exec, has worked at the SWC and has arranged for us to have access to a
cook shelter and campfire out on one of the trails. You should come and hang
out with your UAOC friends (like me) on Christmas break. Bring some lunch and
marshmallows.We do have to get waivers signed before we go out, and we've
decided it would be best to meet at 9:30 at Tim Horton's by Earl's on campus to
get this out of the way, and make the carpool a bit simpler. Rob (UAOC
equipment manager)