On 2/2/2018 12:13 PM, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 7:31 PM, Gregory Rose <gvrose8...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 2/2/2018 10:18 AM, Pravin Shelar wrote:
On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 4:40 PM, Gregory Rose <gvrose8...@gmail.com>

This is done in compat code, can you move it to respective header file?

Yes - my own preference is to keep these sorts of things close to where
they're used but
I suppose there is a good chance we'll use ktime_get_ts64 elsewhere in the
future.  So
that's fine by me.
You could decide to use ktime_get_ns() divided by NSEC_PER_MSEC
instead of getting that number from ktime_get_ts64(), that would be
more portable, though a little bit slower on 32-bit architectures.

        Arnd

That's an interesting suggestion Arnd.  I'm generally opposed to divide operations when I can avoid them and ktime_get_ts64() avoids that SFAICT.  We do still support 32 bit systems as well so I think I'll just go ahead and stick with ktime_get_ts64.  Also, sometimes I have to compare our OOT datapath kernel code with upstream and when I stick to the same coding as much as possible it helps me out.

I'll move it over into our compat layer code as suggested by Pravin but thanks for providing helpful
suggestion.

Regards,

- Greg