On 2/6/24 14:30, Eelco Chaudron wrote:
> Previously, the ability to override the system default for the number
> of handler threads was broken since to the introduction of the per-CPU
> upcall handlers.

It wasn't broken, it was intentionally disabled.  I don't think we should
introduce ability to configure the number of handlers for per-CPU dispatch
mode.  It only allows users to shoot themselves in a foot if they do not
understand what they are doing.

Many integration scripts in a wild are still blindly setting these options
without even knowing that the underlying implementation changed completely.
And those setups may suffer if we suddenly decide to respect the configuration
that is ignored on modern kernels for all currently supported versions of OVS.

Best regards, Ilya Maximets.