On 2018-08-24 06:57 PM, Brad Cowie wrote:
On 25 August 2018 at 12:07, Ben Pfaff <b...@ovn.org <mailto:b...@ovn.org>> wrote:

    On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 11:09:41AM +1200, Brad Cowie wrote:
    > By the way we can dynamically generate our openflow pipeline now such
    > that tables are automatically sized (more important for real
    hardware)
    > and disable tables that aren't used (e.g. FIB tables are now turned
    > off when routing disabled, ACL tables disabled when no ACLs have
    been

On 25 August 2018 at 12:07, Ben Pfaff <b...@ovn.org <mailto:b...@ovn.org>> wrote:

    OVS does of course run on some hardware
    switches; I don't know whether the vendors who customize it for their
    hardware add support for OFPMP_TABLE_FEATURES so that it can configure
    trade-offs, though I suspect they do not.

We are using Table Feature Messages (TFM as we call it in faucet) to drive 3 vendor hardware switches today. I know at least one of them is using Open vSwitch under he hood as the OpenFlow Agent (OFA) so I assume at least one vendor has modified
OVS to add support.

Are you able to name those vendors?  It would be of interest to evaluate capabilities.

Brad