Hi Raymond,

On 26 August 2018 at 08:44, Raymond Burkholder <r...@oneunified.net> wrote:

> On 2018-08-24 06:57 PM, Brad Cowie wrote:
>
> On 25 August 2018 at 12:07, Ben Pfaff <b...@ovn.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 11:09:41AM +1200, Brad Cowie wrote:
>> > By the way we can dynamically generate our openflow pipeline now such
>> > that tables are automatically sized (more important for real hardware)
>> > and disable tables that aren't used (e.g. FIB tables are now turned
>> > off when routing disabled, ACL tables disabled when no ACLs have been
>
> On 25 August 2018 at 12:07, Ben Pfaff <b...@ovn.org> wrote:
>
>> OVS does of course run on some hardware
>> switches; I don't know whether the vendors who customize it for their
>> hardware add support for OFPMP_TABLE_FEATURES so that it can configure
>> trade-offs, though I suspect they do not.
>

> We are using Table Feature Messages (TFM as we call it in faucet) to drive
> 3 vendor
> hardware switches today. I know at least one of them is using Open vSwitch
> under
> he hood as the OpenFlow Agent (OFA) so I assume at least one vendor has
> modified
> OVS to add support.
>

> Are you able to name those vendors?  It would be of interest to evaluate
> capabilities.

While I can't discuss specific details of how an OFA implemented by a
vendor looks, I can
point you towards the faucet hardware documentation which lists vendors who
support faucet:

https://docs.faucet.nz/en/latest/vendors/index.html

Note that today faucet can control the ASIC pipeline of Aruba, Noviflow and
Cisco via OpenFlow TFM.

Brad