OpenBSD www changes summary for 2016-09-11 to 2016-09-18 inclusive

armv7.html                              build
errata59.html                           errata60.html
faq                                     innovations.html
mail.html                               opensmtpd
openssh                                 plus60.html

== armv7.html ======================================================== 01/10 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/armv7.html

armv7.html

  > openntpd is now in faq8. (tb@)

== build ============================================================= 02/10 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/build

build

  + openssh/Makefile                      + openssh/releasenotes.html.head
  + openssh/releasenotes.html.tail        + openssh/releases.pl

  > Add a script to build a web page containing all of the OpenSSH release
  > notes
  > in reverse chronoligical order for easy searching. (dtucker@)

  ~ openssh/releasenotes.html.tail

  > Remove cruft from footer. (dtucker@)

  ~ openssh/releases.pl

  > Add release dates for historic releases, generated with a shell one-liner
  > from the release tarballs. (dtucker@)

  ~ openssh/releasenotes.html.head

  > Fix title. (dtucker@)

  ~ openssh/releases.pl

  > Remove extraneous dash from version identifiers. (dtucker@)

  ~ openssh/releasenotes.html.head

  > Capitalization; from tj@ (dtucker@)

  ~ openssh/releases.pl

  > The 3.8.1 file does not correspond to a real release so suppress date for
  > that entry. (dtucker@)

  ~ openssh/releases.pl

  > Correct date for a couple of historic releases. (dtucker@)

== errata59.html ===================================================== 03/10 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/errata59.html

errata59.html

  > release wsfont errata. (tj@)

== errata60.html ===================================================== 04/10 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/errata60.html

errata60.html

  > release wsfont errata. (tj@)

  > OpenBSD 6.0 errata 6, Sept 17, 2016:
  > During parsing of the iked(8) configuration, a variable is set to 0 by
  > mistake, disabling Pre-Shared Key authentication.
  > Thx tj@ and tb@ (benno@)

== faq =============================================================== 05/10 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/faq

faq

  ~ current.html

  > railo->lucee (sthen@)

  ~ upgrade60.html

  > compactify the short overview by plucking out a few unnecessary
  > sentences and getting rid of some extra vertical space. (tb@)

  ~ faq8.html                             ~ upgrade60.html

  > miod removed the code that fell back to (at least) obsd and bsd.old in the
  > boot loader almost a decade ago. it's about time we no longer document this
  > feature in the faq. while there, compress the section a little more.
  > thanks to jsg and krw for confirming (tb@)

  ~ upgrade60.html

  > some more words can go (tb@)

  ~ faq15.html

  > speed up example "find" command by doing less forking.
  > ok tb (tj@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > zap some <p>'s (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > compress the first part of the networking faq a little:
  > remove some strange sentences and superfluous explanations.
  > ok tj (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > sync ifconfig example output with reality:
  > also display interface index and llprio instead of just priority (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > merge description of mygate(5) and myname(5) into a single brief section
  > that explains their purpose and refer to the manual for details (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > move the example hostname.fxp0 file right after the example ifconfig
  > output so the two can be compared easily. lose some repetition of
  > hostname.if(5) and some unexplained examples. discussed with tj (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > trim some fat from the resolv.conf(5) section (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > slightly rework the netstart(8) section: remove sample error output and
  > corresponding sentences, wording tweaks from tj (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > clean up whitespace to match the rest of the faq. will make future
  > diffs smaller (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > add a forgotten <p> and re-wrap a line (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > adjust outputs of netstat -rn and route show to reality:
  > over the past 17 years since ericj copy-pasted the output from
  > his box, some columns were added and some other stuff changed.
  > issue noted by phessler during g2k16 (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > zap a useless sentence (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > rework setting aliases a bit. tweaks & ok tj (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > mention early on that many hostname.if lines correspond to ifconfig
  > commands.  this allows us to avoid giving two versions of later
  > sections, one using config files and one using interactive commands. (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html                             ~ index.html

  > remove the firewalling sectoin. this was just a paragraph pointing
  > to the pf user's guide. add this pointer to the intro part of the page
  > ok tj (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > rework the DHCP section: update some outdated references, make it
  > more concise, shuffle the text a bit and and tweak some wording
  > with & ok tj (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > replace a stale reference to #PF with a reference to pf/index.html (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > rework the first two parts of the wireless sections (without trunk)
  > reword some awkward sentences and shuffle some things around to make
  > things clearer.
  > with & ok tj (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > rework the trunk section, mostly markup fixes.
  > with & ok tj (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html                             ~ index.html

  > shuffle the sections around so that the long long sections that still
  > need a lot of work (NFS, Bridge, Equal-cost multipath routing) are at
  > the end of the page. (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html                             ~ faq8.html
  ~ index.html

  > move the openntpd section to the other system time questions in faq8
  > ok tj (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > the mac address in the dmesg and in the example ifconfig output
  > should be the same (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > mention that the netstart script is used for configuring interfaces
  > ok tj (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > don't show the Encap: line in the netstat -rn output (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html                             ~ index.html

  > relegate the "adding and replacing NICs" section to the end of
  > the page for now, at least until it is cleaned up a little. (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > mark up ip addresses and ranges consistently (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > sysctl(8), not (3); add link to manual (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > unify markup of hostname.if (remove italics in a few places) (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > some initial NFS pruning. save some vertical space by inlining some
  > lists, reorder some stuff that got badly converted to rcctl and do the
  > usual amount of rephrasing and deleting repetitions. (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > clean up the nfs mount section. this is not the place to explain
  > mount options, just use them in the example, the link to fstab(5) is
  > right there. also do some markup fixes. (tb@)

  ~ faq6.html

  > in the nfs statistics section, the rpcinfo example is good, but we don't
  > need to show and explain the output of showmount -a. (tb@)

== innovations.html ================================================== 06/10 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/innovations.html

innovations.html

  > Mention the original PLT/GOT protection work and its multiple followups
  > (guenther@)

  > tweak previous (guenther@)

  > Call out the .openbsd.randomdata and __guard_local features by
  > their functionality (guenther@)

  > consistently write lazy-binding with hyphen (tb@)

  > mention the application of fork+exec throughout the tree (deraadt@)

== mail.html ========================================================= 07/10 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/mail.html

mail.html

  > minor style cleanup, based on a diff from tj (tb@)

== opensmtpd ========================================================= 08/10 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/opensmtpd

opensmtpd

  ~ index.html                            + announces/release-6.0.0.txt

  > opensmtpd 6.0.0 released (gilles@)

== openssh =========================================================== 09/10 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/openssh

openssh

  ~ index.html                            + releasenotes.html

  > Add a "Release Notes" page containing all release notes in reverse
  > chronological order. (dtucker@)

  ~ releasenotes.html

  > Updated release notes page: fixed title and additional release dates for
  > historic releases. (dtucker@)

  ~ releasenotes.html

  > Remove extraneous dash from version identifiers. (dtucker@)

  ~ releasenotes.html

  > Capitalization; from tj@ (dtucker@)

  ~ releasenotes.html

  > The 3.8.1 file does not correspond to a real release so suppress date for
  > that entry. (dtucker@)

  ~ releasenotes.html

  > Correct date for a couple of historic releases. (dtucker@)

  ~ releasenotes.html                     ~ txt/release-2.1.0p1
  ~ txt/release-2.1.1p1                   ~ txt/release-2.1.1p2
  ~ txt/release-2.1.1p3                   ~ txt/release-2.1.1p4
  ~ txt/release-2.2.0p1                   ~ txt/release-2.3.0p1
  ~ txt/release-2.5.1p2                   ~ txt/release-2.5.2p2
  ~ txt/release-2.9p2

  > Remove Damien's very historic email footers from the historic release
  > notes.
  > ok djm@ (dtucker@)

  ~ releasenotes.html                     ~ txt/release-1.2.2p1
  ~ txt/release-1.2.3p1

  > Remove a couple more of Damien's historic email footers.  ok djm@
  > (dtucker@)

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/plus60.html