On Tuesday 24 January 2006 09:10 pm, Stephen Lawrence wrote:
> I have been using the OWFS for over a year now, but a recent upgrade to
> FC4 to FC3 has given me some grief.
>
> I did the whole FUSE install as per the installation instructions.  It
> does mention the FUSE kernel module is already present in FC4, but I did
> it anyway.  Scanned the  developer archieves, and updated ld.so.conf to
> include a path to /usr/local/lib as was suggested by someone.
>
> I did the OWFS install and get this during make:
>
> ===================
> /usr/local/owfs/module/owfs/src/c/owfs.c:135: undefined reference to
> `fuse_mount_compat22'
> owfs.o(.text+0x1b7):/usr/local/owfs/module/owfs/src/c/owfs.c:166:
> undefined reference to `fuse_new_compat22'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[4]: *** [owfs] Error 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/owfs/module/owfs/src/c'
> make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/owfs/module/owfs/src'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/owfs/module/owfs'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/owfs/module'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> ========================
>
> I am no expert here, but have successfully, many times, recompilied both
> FUSE and OWFS using the provided instructions when using FC3, with no
> problems.
>
> Any suggestions?  Need more info?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

I did a bit of grepping.
fuse_new_compat22 and fuse_mount_compat22 are fuse functions, I think matching
changes in the fuse API. They don't appear, per se, in owfs.

So from that, is sounds like a fuse installation problem. I wonder if old fuse
libraries or include files are causing some confusion.

Like you, I found that I had to install fuse even though modern kernels
include it, mainly because the included header files are needed for compiling
owfs.

Paul Alfille