Yes I got this solved several days ago. A bunch of old fuse stuff sitting around that muddled up the install. Started clean and had no issues with the FUSE or OWFS build.

Steve

Christian Magnusson wrote:
I don't know if you managed to fix the problem yourself, but the main
reason is that your new installation contains fuse-2.4 from beginning
+ you have fuse-2.5.x installed at /usr/local/include/fuse*
and /usr/local/lib/libfuse*.

You should either install the rpms fuse, fuse-libs and fuse-devel,
and then delete the installation-files under /usr/local/, or do the
opposite.
Notice that the kernel-module is installed by the kernel-rpm (and
possibly overwritten by your fuse-2.5 installation)
# rpm -qf /lib/modules/2.6.14-1.1656_FC4/kernel/fs/fuse/fuse.ko
kernel-2.6.14-1.1656_FC4

The current configure-script doesn't handle this situation very good
right now. I'll do some tests and see if we could change the behavior
and compilation flags to make sure it will use the latest version only
(or something similar).

/Christian