Hi again,

I normally use the ftdi usb->serial adapter and the link45 adapter on
my desktop computer, this seems to have been working rock stable for
over 3 weeks.

The same ftdichipset usb-serial adapter i've hooked to my ASUS wl500g
deluxe: which has 2xusb 2 ports.

i can write to the /dev/usb/tts/0 with misterhouse(misterhouse.sf.net)
software to a x10 cm11 powerline interface, and reading also works
fine - so the serial device should be ok.

On my desktop i've never used the --link option, works pretty well
without - so i never tested it.

The output's below is with
1x ftdi usb-serial adapter
1x link45 connected to the above adapter
1x asus wl500g deluxe - running openwrt rc4.

owfs/lib 2.2p3

dmesg snapout:
usbserial.c: FTDI FT232BM Compatible converter detected
usbserial.c: FTDI FT232BM Compatible converter now attached to ttyUSB0
(or usb/tts/0 for devfs)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/# owfs /dev/usb/tts/0 /tmp/onewire/ --foreground
--error-level 9
INFO: PARSENAME path=[]
ERR: Cannot detect DS2480 or LINK interface on /dev/usb/tts/0.
: SuccessINFO: PARSENAME path=[]
INFO: Cannot detect DS9097 (passive) interface on /dev/usb/tts/0.
INFO: FSTAT path=/
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/
INFO: FSTAT path=/
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/
INFO: FSTAT path=/
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/
INFO: FSTAT path=/
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/
INFO: FSTAT path=/
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/
INFO: GETDIR path=/
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/]
INFO: DIRECTORY path=/
ERR: SELECTION ERROR
: SuccessSegmentation fault
As you probably understand bye this: i did a ls /tmp/onewire

Now with --link:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/# owfs /dev/usb/tts/0 /tmp/onewire/ --foreground
--error-level 9 --link
INFO: PARSENAME path=[]
ERR: Cannot detect DS2480 or LINK interface on /dev/usb/tts/0.
: SuccessINFO: PARSENAME path=[]
INFO: Cannot detect DS9097 (passive) interface on /dev/usb/tts/0.
        INFO: FSTAT path=/
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/
INFO: FSTAT path=/
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/
INFO: FSTAT path=/
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/
INFO: GETDIR path=/
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/]
INFO: DIRECTORY path=/
ERR: SELECTION ERROR
: SuccessSegmentation fault

seems very similaer to me:

Downgrading the version:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/# owfs -V
owfs version:
        2.2p0RC
libow version:
        2.2p0RC
Installing owfs (2.2p0RC-12) to root...
Installing owlib (2.2p0RC-12) to root...

,
ce on /dev/usb/tts/0.
INFO: FSTAT path=/
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/
INFO: FSTAT path=/
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/
INFO: FSTAT path=/
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/
INFO: FSTAT path=/
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/
INFO: GETDIR path=/
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/]
INFO: DIRECTORY path=/
ERR: SELECTION ERROR
: SuccessINFO: BUS_selection_error: reconnect error = -122
INFO: FSTAT path=/uncached
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/uncached]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/uncached
INFO: FSTAT path=/bus.0
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/bus.0]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/bus.0
INFO: FSTAT path=/settings
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/settings]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/settings
INFO: FSTAT path=/system
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/system]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/system
INFO: FSTAT path=/statistics
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/statistics]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/statistics
INFO: FSTAT path=/structure
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/structure]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/structure
[...]
INFO: GETDIR path=/bus.0
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/bus.0]
INFO: DIRECTORY path=/bus.0
ERR: SELECTION ERROR
: SuccessINFO: BUS_selection_error: reconnect error = -122
INFO: FSTAT path=/bus.0
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/
INFO: FSTAT path=/
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/
INFO: FSTAT path=/
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/
INFO: GETDIR path=/
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/]
INFO: DIRECTORY path=/
ERR: SELECTION ERROR
: SuccessINFO: BUS_selection_error: reconnect error = -122
INFO: FSTAT path=/uncached
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/uncached]
INFO: ATTRIBUTES path=/uncached
INFO: GETDIR path=/uncached
INFO: PARSENAME path=[/uncached]
INFO: DIRECTORY path=/uncached
ERR: SELECTION ERROR
: SuccessINFO: BUS_selection_error: reconnect error = -122

The newest and down to and including rc13 segfaults whilest trying to
ls /mountpoint
RC12 doesnt, so i was wrong above when claiming i thought it was rc13.

Can i provide more info?

Thanks again for so fast replies!