While we are on adapter compatibility, I was looking at some DS1982 by request
and noticed that it and a few other of its ilk (1985,1986) require a
programming pulse of 12V.

I also noted that the DS9490R, linkusb, and anything else without access to 12V
are not compatible with this command. The DS2480B via Vpp and 9097 (2480B
based) on DB25 with power jack appear to be capable. Any other masters that can
do this?