Am 05.09.2018 um 05:20 schrieb Matthias Urlichs via Owfs-developers:
> Hi,
>
> I'm writing a new high-level asynchronous Python library to talk
> to owserver.
>
> It features multiple persistent server connections, transparent
> support for DS2409 couplers, automatic retries when he server is
> busy or the connection breaks, object-oriented design,
> auto-generating accessor methods for bus slaves (based on the
> server's /structure tree), reporting state changes via an async
> event stream, and more.
>
> On the TODO list: auto-polling (both distinct and via
> /simultaneous), alarm handling.
>
> Check it out at: https://github.com/python-trio/trio-owfs

These are nice features, but the real thing is aggregates and logical
abstraction. The latter is needed for automatically setting up chips
according to the modules they are put on after their power-on.

Because power-on and unknown states of remote devices is what happens
on a hot-pluggable bus all the time. Alarm handling comes in handy
there and can also be used for other purposes. I found that writing a
simple class hierachy in Tcl for a project using OWFS, which does
roughly what you intend.

So my advice from pratice is basing all the automatical mechanisms on
a logical abstraction of a whole peripheral, with the Onewire stuff
being only a part of a bigger picture.

The DS2409 is already transparently supported by owlib. Not sure what
you want to put on top.

Kind regards

        Jan