On my test system I have 20 DS18B20 temperature sensors (all powered) to test out various things.  I am setting /simultaneous/temperature waiting 2 seconds then reading latesttemp from all of them.

I have just noticed that several are giving 85 reads. If I look with owhttpd this is what I see -

owhttpd screen

Also owread /uncached/DHW_Mid_Btm/latesttemp returns 85.  This is after many cycles of simultaneous/voltage and latesttemp reads.

However if I run owread /uncached/DHW_Mid_Btm/temperature12 it returns 13.4375.  If I then owread /uncached/DHW_Mid_Btm/latesttemp it also returns 13.4375 and after that it seems to work as expected.  So it seems that reading temperature12 resets it.

I can't reproduce this, as I say, once a temperature12 read resets it it works fine.

It seems to me that it is a useful safeguard to run a single temperature12 read on each sensor during the initialisation of the system.  I cannot see any downside to this but just thought I would ask for your thoughts.

Thanks

Mick