Am 08.10.20 um 15:07 schrieb Mick Sulley:

> But owwrite /simultaneous/temperature 1 should trigger a conversion? and
> reading latesttemp should then be correct.  Here is another.  Latesttemp
> returns 85 even after owwrite /simultaneous/temperature 1, but read
> temperature12 and it works again.  I don't understand why!

Most likely it's a problem with power. Do you power each chip
separately, or do they all pull, from the same +5V line?

> I have a few more in this state at the moment, I am sure I could fix
> them all with a single temperature12 read to each and they would then be
> fine, but I would really like to understand what the problem is

You could try to find out if the simultaneous command is not going
through to all chips (chips never read 85°C on latesttemp) or if you
still get those spurious resets.

But it's only a debugging tool. In a production setup, it would only
ever mask the underlying problem and return a wrong ages-old temperature
instead.

Kind regards

        Jan