Hello,

I'm new to OC but really loving it. One thing I find disappointing is the default 'Pictures' app. I'd like to be able to organize pictures into galleries as well as to tag them. As I understand it the 'Pictures' app is just a view into the user's files. It looks like the 'Pictures' app does support the creation of galleries, though I have no idea how to create one. Also, it's not obvious how to add images (there's already an issue for this: https://github.com/owncloud/apps/issues/82). There's also an issue for supporting tagging:
https://github.com/owncloud/apps/issues/1124.

I'm very willing to contribute to OC to get the functionality that I want but I wanted to find out what the best course of action is. Are these changes that should be a part of the 'Pictures' app or should I create my own separate app (or use/contribute to an existing third party app)?

I appreciate any feedback.  And thanks for a great application!

Tim