FOP does not implement FO index processing, so it is incapable of removing
duplicated page numbers on its own.

Antenna House and XEP RenderX can both render indexes.

If FOP is a requirement it can be done by implementing a two-pass process using
the FOP area tree—basically post-process the rendered index to generate a
literal markup representation of the correct page number references then
rerender the XML to produce the final PDF.

Cheers,

Eliot

--

Eliot Kimber