From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of William Luu
Sent: Friday, 4 June 2010 11:52 AM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: Visual Studio output window

I don't know if you can do that already, though my guess is you could probably
write a Visual Studio add in to parse the content in the output window.

A quick search finds these links:
- How to: Create an addin -
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/80493a3w%28VS.80%29.aspx
- How to: Control the Output Window -
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ht6z4e28%28VS.80%29.aspx

Will

On 3 June 2010 22:16, Wallace Turner
<w.tur...@fex.com.au<mailto:w.tur...@fex.com.au>> wrote:
Can the Output window in Visual Studio (any version) parse the output to
provide quick links to the erroneous class(es) ?

Eclipse has had this feature since forever; see screenshot below. I have only
included this to explain what I mean (please no Eclipse vs VS fight!)

Resharper has a feature called 'Stack Trace Explorer' however it is a bit
clunky as you need to highlight the bit you want and then open the STE window.

Eclipse:
[cid:451395201@04062010-1C5E]

To find out more about the Sunshine Coast Council, visit your local council
office at Caloundra, Maroochydore, Nambour or Tewantin. Or, if you prefer,
visit us on line at www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au

This email, together with any attachments, is intended for the named
recipient(s) only. Any form of review, disclosure, modification, distribution
and or publication of this email message is prohibited without the express
permission of the author. Please notify the sender immediately if you have
received this email by mistake and delete it from your system. Unless otherwise
stated, this email represents only the views of the sender and not the views of
the Sunshine Coast Regional Council.

maile 3_1_0

<<inline: image001.png>>