Chaps, I eventually stumbled upon instructions that led me to issue this
command:

w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:ntp1.tpg.com.au /syncfromflags:manual
/reliable:yes /update

I picked the tpg timer server because I saw lots of people complaining that
time.windows.com had stopped working. I can see that this command has updated
the registry.

I’ve tried all sorts of w32tm and net time commands to force the machine to
update the time accurately, but it remains about 90 seconds fast and all of the
other machines are following it. One site says it might take more than an hour
to resync, but that’s long overdue now. These instructions are good as well:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816042 and I’ve followed its advice on using an
external time source.

NEWS: I might have made a mistake in the peer list, so I’ve changed it to this
so I have 0x1 after each name. That might have caused trouble, but I’ll have to
wait see if it comes good.

/manualpeerlist:"ntp1.tpg.com.au,0x1 time.windows.com,0x1"

Greg

Ps. It’s “real” Win3K machine running my DC.