Folks, I just noticed that the time on all of the machines in my domain are
drifting forward. I've never configured any time services on the domain,
it's the default behaviour.

I *thought* that the Win3K domain controller automatically became the time
server in a domain and all of the other machines would sync to it. That
seems to be true, as all machines are wrong by the same amount.

I also *thought* that the domain controller would sync to an external
server, like time.windows.com, which I can see in the registry for the
W32Time service. But I guess it's not doing that.

I'm still web searching this subject and getting lots of confusing advice.
Asking network admins, is there some simple trick I can pull to make the
domain controller sync to the external source?

Cheers,