I use Ctrl-Alt-Butterfly to do that

http://xkcd.com/378/

<http://xkcd.com/378/>Also, this is the price we pay for using designers.
They create code that is useful for the tool, not the developer.

Back in the old-school days of Java at uni we have a widget-factory that
would create our controls for us. You could ask it for a button and who
really knows what class it gives you as long as it inherits from ButtonBase.
That way you could make a change to the widget factory and change the
controls being used everywhere.

Having said that, the designer lets you create a screen in 10 minutes that
might have taken a few hours in the java days so the trade-off works both
ways.