I have been sanity checking that VS2010 projects will open and build in
VS2012. I have stumbled across that fact that 'vdproj' setup projects are no
longer supported. I heard nothing about this and it's quite a shock. I have
dozens of setup projects that with custom actions to install web sites,
services and desktop apps.

Web searches so far hint that I can convert the vdproj files into
InstallShield Limited Edition projects (I've never used them), or I'm
supposed to use WiX (huge learning curve?). THIS link
<http://blogs.msdn.com/b/buckh/archive/2011/03/17/visual-studio-setup-projec
ts-vdproj-will-not-ship-with-future-versions-of-vs.aspx>  says:

Future versions of Visual Studio will not include the Visual Studio
Installer project templates. To preserve existing customer investments in
Visual Studio Installer projects, Microsoft will continue to support the
Visual Studio Installer projects that shipped with Visual Studio 2010 per
the product life-cycle strategy. For more information, see Expanded
Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy for Business
<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=197493> & Development Products.

However, the link leads to a generic Support page with nothing about setup
projects.

What am I supposed to do with all my vdproj files? This is a small disaster
for migration to VS2012.