Expression Web was mothballed in 2009 .. Ed the ex Product Manager was
packing his boxes around then when I walked into his Office and asked wtf
was going on. That product has been put out to pasture for so long now i
doubt anyone in Microsoft even realises its still being downloaded...

It lost out due to Sharepoint Designer or whatever that has now mutated
into and there was no point competing with Sharepoint Designer + VS Express
as it just created way to much internal bad blood.

just 2c.

---
Regards,
Scott Barnes