can you try winscp[1] ?

filezilla *used* to work for me to connecting to an sftp site; it stopped working couldnt determine why so I now use winscp which works

[1] : http://winscp.net/eng/index.php

On 12/03/2014 11:12 AM, Greg Keogh wrote:
Folks, for the first time in a couple of years I have to get FTP working on a Win2008R2 Server. IIS seems to configured correctly (I think), I can see port 21 open to the world via Shields-Up, tcpmon shows 21 is listening, FTP is set to use basic authentication. So it "looks" alright, but all attempts to connect fail.

IE says "The page can't be displayed". Filezilla says "can't connect to the server". Ftp.exe says "Connection closed by the remote host".

I just can't get any reason why it's failing? IIS FTP says it's logging but there are no files. Can anyone think of any trick to get more useful information about why it's failing?

/Greg K/