From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Greg Low
Sent: Wednesday, 22 November 2017 1:35 PM
To: ozDotNet <ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>
Subject: RE: Creating a browser-based product

Lots of people tried to fix deployment of thick client apps, but the
dependencies of those were such a mess. In fact, I’d largely blame Microsoft
for that. Breaking out DLLs separately, having them initially identified only
by name (even across versions), and then putting them in the same folder. What
could possibly go wrong with that?

It’s not that it’s just deployment. Couldn’t we have come up with an app
building strategy where deployment was easy? I’m not suggesting making
deployment of the existing ones easy. I’m saying designing for ease of
deployment.

And if Google was 100% happy with email in the browser, they wouldn’t have
responded by adding offline editing of the documents (which is just another
form of thick client).