I'm progressive and I say "If it ain't broke, fix it until it is".
I welcome change and quicker turnaround for software and OSs. However, I
don't welcome being told without warning what icons, colours, animation,
names, styles, messages and conventions I must use by my merciless
overlords. And then I find I can't remove/hide things I don't like or want
without jumping though flaming hoops.

If you can't change it, change how you think of it.

That's what Winston Smith did in the tragic final pages of 1984.

*GK*

P.S. An update to VS2017 is coming now, and it's big. Lord knows what's
going to happen!?!