From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Greg Keogh
Sent: Tuesday, 12 December 2017 3:23 PM
To: ozDotNet <ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>
Subject: [OT] Big Windows 10 update

Folks, I didn't know it was coming, but I accepted a big Windows 10 update last
night. An unfamiliar large blue notification tray window warned me it was a
major update that would take a while. So I went and talked to the cats while it
updated.

Well, this is a big update. User profiles seem to be recreated on first login.
Wallpaper went black. All The crappy Universal apps I removed came back,
including new ones like "Mixed Reality" that you can't get rid of, even using
PowerShell as real Admin. All file-open dialogs changed size. The Start menu
was full of dozens of repeated "NoUIEntryPoints-DesignMode" items and other app
menus that were never seen before. Registry adjustments to take stupid nodes
out of the Windows Explorer tree were undone. New icons appeared in the tray by
default (but could be hidden). And other little things as well... I spent over
an hour trying to clean all the "garbage" out again.

Overall, I'm quite pissed off. Every major Windows update seems to take more
and more control away from me, and I'm being told what I should use and like (I
can use a Mac if want that!).

So just a warning.

Greg K