From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com <ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com> on behalf
of Greg Keogh <gfke...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 12:45:33 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Web app development process

Folks, I'm creating a non-trivial
ASP.NET<https://apc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2FASP.NET&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cd2537975e9a74d70c5ca08d5a40d51bc%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636595299470148749&sdata=TgBVrTBsk%2BAp0sTlgT0y4%2Bixwlfj3KAVrnEAf9qHjzg%3D&reserved=0>
 Web Forms application for the first time in several years. I have previously
suffered from the terrible problem where I spend more time on formatting and
stying than I do on coding. Sometimes it can take 1 hour to get a single web
page working, then it takes 4 hours to make it look nice. I thought I'd try
Bootstrap this time to ease the burden of styling, but now I'm wasting more
time learning all the conventions and quirks of Bootstrap. This is typical, I
find if you decide to use some "kit" then you usually have to become an expert
in that kit.

The answer to this problem is to split the development into (1) coding (2)
styling. I have done this twice before, over 10 years ago ... I write a
completely working web site with only the bare minimum formatting and styles,
then later someone comes along and styles it beautifully.

Is anyone still doing this sort of thing? What do others do to style their
sites with minimum suffering?

Finally ... Is there anyone in this group who is a styling boffin and might
take a short contract in several weeks time to style my app once it's near
completion? I guess it might be several hours work spread out over a few days.
If you can help, please email me off-list at
gfke...@gmail.com<mailto:gfke...@gmail.com>, or phone on 0419-113-543.

Cheers,
Greg Keogh