For those that are looking at moving forward with .Net Core, it's worth
noting that NewtonSoft Json.NET will NOT be installed by default as of .Net
Core 3.0:
https://github.com/dotnet/announcements/issues/90

Rather, there's a new System.Text.Json serializer that's about 20% faster
than Json.NET (but isn't as feature rich). You can always switch back to
Json.Net by installing it via NUGET if you need these features.
https://devblogs.microsoft.com/aspnet/asp-net-core-updates-in-net-core-3-0-preview-5/