Folks, my neighbour is a retired photographer who wants to publish the
history of his work for public viewing. I get the impression it's not for
profit, but for family and public interest.

I suggested that Facebook has a photo gallery feature with categories which
is ideal for this sort of thing, but he said that Facebook is full of
rubbish and he doesn't use it much, and it's UI is confusing (my
translation of his words). He might be dead-right there, but for suburban
users I think it still might be a good option for publishing photo
galleries.

Maybe there are better options for this sort of free "photo gallery"
publishing for non-technical people. My wife said there are U3A groups who
might help with this sort of thing, but it's a bit off my horizon.

Any oblique suggestions?

Cheers, *Greg*