> Not that the Mac is too old, but that it refuses to install Big Sur?  I've
> been hitting a lot of apps that require a later version of macos, been
> looking at installing big Sur as a VM on Parallels.  Anyone tried?

Yes, it's a domino effect I posted about months ago. The hardware can't
take Big Sur, so I can't get Xcode 13 and so on. I didn't consider using a
VM, prefering to get a Mac Mini when I have the funds.

Some interesting news (for me anyway)...

I installed the Xamarin component of VS2022 today and created a mock Forms
app from the template, then tried to build, debug (via Phone on USB), sign
and distribute it for Android and it was all pretty smooth. Doing this on
Windows was a breeze compared to Mac.

I can't try the same thing with iOS for previously mentioned reasons, but I
read all the docs about pairing with a Mac and it all makes perfect sense.

I'm poised to abandon Xamarin development in VS2019 (2022 coming) on the
Mac and do it in Windows VS2022. Just my short experiment today proved that
the productivity boost is staggering.

*Greg*