Hi all,

I am having a problem, got issued a shiny new laptop with windows 10 (21H2). I
have VS2022 installed and also VS2017 as there is still some projects on TFS
(the TFS tooling seems to be better on VS2017)

I have some legacy solutions running .Net Framework 4.0 that I can't open now.
If I try and open the solution in either VS2022 or VS2017 I get an error saying
the "Target framework not supported", giving me the option to
upgrade to 4.8,
download the 4.0 targeting pack or,
do not load the project

upgrading to 4.8 is not an option for me on these versions of the solutions.

When I try to download and install the 4.0 targeting pack it tells me that .Net
Framework 4 is already part of the operating system.

Anybody know what it is looking for to target 4.0 framework? Anyone know how I
can fool it into thinking that framework is there?

Thanks in advance

Cam Booth

This message contains privileged and confidential information intended only for
the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or
take any action or place any reliance on it. If you have received this message
in error please notify the sender immediately via return email. Any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender specifically states them to be the views of the company.