From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Rhonda
Sent: Friday, 15 November 2002 12:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Thoughts on insurance.

Our solicitor, in light of our situation, and not being able to get insurance has suggested that we become Incorporated.
Because they have to sue us personally as the person who performed the procedure - all of our assets would then be owned by the company and could not be touched by personal litigation.
I guess this is something we never thought we would need to do but I was thinking that midwives who are working without insurance could do the same thing and therefore protect themselves at least from personal litigation.

I know it does not solve the problem - a bit like the "form to fill out" it is just another measure to protect oneself.

Has anyone else considered this option?

Regards
Rhonda