Well done, all of you! Congratulations on the whole thing(s) to all involved.
Love,
Aviva
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 10:16 AM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Overdue Babies,

For those who encouraged me along the jouney.

The babies who were overdue waited patiently.. while their mothers waited impatiently until Feb arrived before their arrival. One due the 8th of jan was born the 1st of Feb (24 days over) looking a little overcooked and weighed in at 3.6kg despite the late scan saying 4.1kg..

 the other due the 11th of Jan arrived on the 2nd of Feb (22 days) looking not a minute overdue despite mother’s dates and scan dates matching around 16 weeks!

Both these women resisted pressure (and bulling) from the obs involved and from family and friends to trust themselves and their babies. I am so inspired by them both.

Sally Westbury

Homebirth Midwife

"You are a midwife, assisting at someone else's birth. Do good without  show or fuss. Facilitate what is happening rather than what you think ought to be happening. If you must take the lead, lead so that the mother is helped, yet still free and in charge. When the baby is born, the mother will rightly say: "We did it ourselves!"

 from The Tao Te Ching

---