-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Wayne and
Caroline McCullough
Sent: Friday, 30 May 2003 6:33 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Back again...

My little boy Daniel James McCullough was born on May 3 by (perceived
necessary) Caesarean Section.

We did up a homepage with some of the pictures from the birth and Dan's
first few days if you want to take a look. The Birth story is on there
too.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~iccoffee/daniel_homepage.html

It has been a long hard journey for me these past 10 months but boy has
it been educational and to all those on this list who told me not to go
Private... You were absolutely right... That said... towards the end I
was planning on homebirthing behind my obs back with the mw I hired for
birth support but the forces of nature proved to be against me in the
end. On the up side, I had excellent post natal care but I reckon the
ward midwives had some interesting things to say about me especially
since one of them found my placenta in the fridge in a plastic bag
(hubby forgot to take it home... Oops! : )).

If I do have another baby I will definitely be homebirthing as it seems
impossible to have a positive VBA2C birth in hospitals here. I wish I
was wrong about that. I doubt I'll have another anyway but will wait a
couple of years before thinking about that.

Anyway, I am looking forward to learning much from this list and also,
just to let you know, I will be very busy in the coming months putting
together and executing a media strategy to promote the NMAP here in Qld
before the State Election which is due for late this year or early next
year. If anyone wants any input to this and has some bright ideas or
contacts please email me privately.

Also, a group of us from the BAG (Birth Action Group) have put together
a proposal to do a forum titled "Birth in Australia-- Agony or Ecstasy"
at the Woodford Folk Festival this summer. We find out on August 31 if
our gig has been accepted into the programme. Let's hope so.

Better go and make dinner while Bub is asleep...

Cheers Cas

Mother to Liam born Feb 16, 2000, by emergency Caesarean after a cascade
of unnecessary intervention.
Mother to Daniel born by perceived necessary Caesarean May 3, 2003.