Hi all fellow midwives and students and all :)

Looking after a woman last night who was a primigravida, term, induction for SROM, not in labour.  RMO needed birth experience, so he did the catching.  He did not cut an episiotomy, and nor would I have, but this woman ended up with horrible tears, in all directions, almost to the clitoris on both sides.  We were 'scolded' by the consultant for not doing an episiotomy.

Any comments?  Am happy to clarify things off list if it would be easier to comment.

Thanks.... I had a nightmare about it, needed to debrief!

Jo
--
Babies are Born... Pizzas are delivered.