From: JoFromOz
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 7:59 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Episiotomy - when to cut?

Hi all fellow midwives and students and all :)

Looking after a woman last night who was a primigravida, term, induction for SROM, not in labour.  RMO needed birth experience, so he did the catching.  He did not cut an episiotomy, and nor would I have, but this woman ended up with horrible tears, in all directions, almost to the clitoris on both sides.  We were 'scolded' by the consultant for not doing an episiotomy.