Hi Kathy,  I have co-slept with all of my children & on returning to work (I used to work mainly night shift with my 2nd & third) my husband coped quite well with EBM in the fridge & freezer.  My problem was that none of my previous 3 children ever really took to the bottle even with EBM in it.  We did find however that they woke less when I wasn't there to feed them & would just come to me when I arrived home with bursting breasts for a huge feed.  When they got older, Marty would just take a bottle of water to bed with him (The kids slept with him even when I wasn't there) & they would have a small amount of water.  I haven't returned to work again after my last babe (he's 4.5 mths) but I'm also a little worried as he is not interested in having EBM in the bottle... he also wants the real thing (actually I think he is suffering from what I call reverse nipple confusion...... he has no idea what to do with a bottle teat).  Good Luck.  TIna H.
----- Original Message -----
From: simsarch
Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2003 2:35 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] co sleeping

I  too am co sleeping with my six month old baby and am loving every bit of it.  She is my third child and I didn't do it with the other two (don't know why).  She tends to feed a lot at night which hasn't been a problem.  However, I don't know what to do now as I am returning to work in a month and don't know how my partner will cope with these night time grazings if I am out with a labouring woman.  Can anyone offer me any advice?  She probably feeds every 2 hours, but it is more of a snack than a decent feed.  we am getting plenty of pressure to do the controlled crying thing in order to get her feeding less frequently at night which we really don't want to do, but on the other hand we need to make the situation more manageable for my husband who doesn't have the boobs if I'm not there overnight.  Many thanks, Kathy