From: "Judy Chapman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 9:43 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Successful VBAC

> We were all so happy at work this morning. Woman having third baby and at
term. First CS for  breech, second SVB. OB in tertiary hospital telling her
that she should not be seeing midwives "They can't fix up the ruptured
uterus can they?"

> She an intelligent professional but very unsure, pulled both ways. Booked
in for ARM and probable CS later for the next day (today). Heaps of talking
with her midwife who ended up telling her that we would not be telling her
about stuff that we did not think was safe as we also have our reputation to
think of. Strip and stretch offered and accepted.

> Later in the day, rapid labour (how sad, too fast to get to the tertiary
hospital an hours drive away) and an SVB in all fours on the floor. Today
walking on air.