Has anyone else read the article in the smh about the possible research into vaginal versus caesarian, which is better?

The article is very anti the idea, but does anyone know more about it. I can't believe there are people with money who could give it for this, there are so many more worthwhile things to research and I can't possibly understand what previous research could justify this. I am confused as to how this possible tragedy to women could be about to happen. Are we heading for extinction of the human race?

I will type the article in if anyone wants to see it, it is pretty unreal.

Claire Saxby