Hi Tracy, sorry if this is late.  I work in a midwifery led unit in England (Hertfordshire) which has been open for just over 1 year now.  It was estimated that during our first year we would have approx 250 births.  We actually had 423, 37% of those were primips.  Our ‘intrapartum’ transfer rate to our local obstetric unit was 14% for a variety of reasons, mostly meconium liquor (24 women in total) and delays in 1st stage (22 women) and 2nd stage (10 women).

During this time we have had 1 x unexpected breech delivery and one shoulder dystocia, both with good outcomes for both mother and baby.

Hope this is of help to you for the meeting today.  Would be interested to know how you get on.

Wendy Taberer