Dear Carol, apologies for causing offence, at that stage I wasn't aware his electorate
contained Warragul, (have only voted in one federal election in Vic and didn't quite
take in all the boundaries) but we did have a discussion about it and your initiatives
and fabulous figures. I pointed him also to Wonthaggi as an exception and the fact
that they have halved their CS rates to be around the 7-10% in one year. I also told
him the bigger the hospital the more likely there was to have intervention, but not
necessarily because of the increase in risk.

He was very interested and is planning on fact finding around this issue in his
district. Your unit will be an example, and I expect he will make a visit. The next
step is to get him interested in federal incentives to have your initiatives
duplicated across his region. I also pointed him to WA and publicly funded homebirths
with midwife entry to hospitals (way outside his electorate and a fantastic example of
collaborative care, I reckon) and their great figures, NZ and Holland.

Trish

Carol Van Lochem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Trish,

--
Trish David FACM
Senior Lecturer Midwifery and Nursing