-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of shaz42
Sent: Monday, 14 February 2005 8:16 AM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] epidurals and long term effects

the reason im so interested is that 20 years ago I had one during my sons
birth. I  now suffer from backpain when I get overtired especially in the
area where I had the epidural. my sister also has the same problem after her
epidural which she had 4 years ago.this pain is deep muscle pain which takes
your breath away and all you can do to alleviate it is go to sleep for a few
hours. in my practice as a midwife I feel we should be warning women of the
long term effects of epidurals say 10 to 20 years from when they have them
administered but I needed the evidence to back up my claim.
regards  sharon