-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andrea
Robertson
Sent: 13 March 2005 15:17
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] waterbirth

Hi Belinda,

I am sitting here with Susanna Houd (from Denmark) and she says that
Swedish women would never allow waterbirths to be banned.... it has been
part of the birth scene for years.

South Australia  has recently adopted Statewide policy (in consultation
with consumers, midwives, doctors, paediatricians) on waterbirths that
means that women anywhere in the State can have a water births.

Regards,

Andrea

At 01:48 AM 12/03/2006, you wrote:
>I had an antenatal class yesterday and when they asked about waterbirth
>discussed it along with hospital policy basically letting them know the
>benefits of it but that there are many practitioners who don't support
it
>etc. One woman in the class said she was from Sweden and that they have
>recently banned waterbirth? Does anyone know anything about this??
>Belinda
>

>--

-----
Andrea Robertson
Birth International * ACE Graphics * Associates in Childbirth Education

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: www.birthinternational.com