-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Namens Mary Murphy
Verzonden: woensdag 6 april 2005 13:44
Aan: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Onderwerp: Re: [ozmidwifery] caseload

Hi Lieve, great to see you on the list again.  I appreciate your words
of wisdom.  It is interesting how the midwife and her family accept the
lack of predictability.  On the weekend my son was moving to another
state for a new job & there was a family gathering at our house.  I was
at a birth which was long and complicated  and couldn't be there.  I
left the hospital for one hour to say goodbye to him.  When I apologised
for not being able to spend longer with him he said, "It's O.K. Mum,
After 22 yrs I am used to it". Just an acceptance that there was more to
life than all focused on him.  One hour was enough.  As Sally says, one
can only be called out a total of 8 times in a month.  Not much really.
I have so much free time that I couldn't bear to work shifts.  The
answer is not to look at the free time as wasted, but recouping ones
energy and spending time with partner and family so that when
the busy time comes, one is refreshed and ready for it.   Caroline Flint
has
the best attitude.  read some of her writings.  Cheers MM