Date: 04/24/05 11:42:34
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] ENDING GOVERNMENT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST MIDWIVES

yepo mine is sent off too Jan.
BTW, this morning at 5am i was at a lovely vaginal breech birth and a new little black haired girl came in to the world on the night of the full moon. this was the first breech baby i had seen born - except for videos! - and i was amazed how quick it all was. about 3 hrs 1st stage and 18 mins of pushing. and an 8 pound 5 girl.
perfect!

Justine Caines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Nicole and all

I believe I wrote this letter some time ago.  I am unsure where it has resurfaced from!!

Tony Abbott embarrassed?  Who cares.

The update on the Medicare safety-net is.

It was purely from Obstetricians hiking their fees (70% in 12 months!!) that blew the safety net out.  So what does the responsible Howard Government do?

Doe they rope in Obstetricians gross increase?  No

They punish the poorest Australian’s and increase the safety net from $300 to $500.

Remember this 70% increase only represents care for 30% of Australian women (as that’s how many private Obs care for).

Rural women pay  as taxpayers for Medicare to receive  no service (within Cooee). While they subsidise Australia’s wealthiest speciali! sts a! nd women.

So Tony Abbott has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to curb spending by Obs.  I would hazard a guess that the majority of women accessing Private Ob services were not within the $300 safety net bracket anyway, they would of been in the higher $700 bracket.  So this is an absolute JOKE, and Mr Abbott needs to know we are on to him.  I think Fed Treasurer Costello needs a visit too!!

Justine

Justine Caines
National President  Maternity Coalition Inc
PO Box 105
MERRIWA  NSW  2329
Ph: (02) 65482248
Fax: (02)65482902